Staring the obvious in the face

 


Every now and again I have this idea that I would like to write a book. But what about? And furthermore..Who would read it? Nevertheless, over the years I have come up with some good titles, which luckily or unluckily never panned out. I share a few. 

 “Beam me up, please! Now!” Was a favorite for a few dark years. Obviously a book about how I was not coping, seeking an easy exit. Not a helpful or cheerful book that one! “Could I please hear the soundtrack so I might know what is going on?” Is still one of my number ones. A book where surprise features in every chapter. What more can go wrong? Also a bit dark and gloomy. “Hopla dee, hopla da, life goes freaking on, or so they tell me.”  I liked that one. In my mind, I then proceeded to write a tragi-comedy with all the many, many funny, stupid, infuriating things people say to you when you try and grieve. It would be so funny it would bring you to tears. It would be placed in the Self Help section. For those who need more stupid things to say. Also to steel yourself when funny, stupid and infuriating things are said to you in the sweetest possible way. To help you not want to start slapping people. Or “101 ways to stay clear of people who went through a series of unfortunate events, it might be contagious.”  Medical section, under Other Diseases. Or another comedy version “How to keep out of prison after severe loss” Also self help section.  It could go in the Anger management section too, i guess. 

This is my Father’s day rant. Life sucks at the moment. Even though God gave me a wonderful new husband, I will always be a single mother to my boys. And he a single father to his kids. No one can replace a lost father or mother. Especially of the good kind. Which both sets of kids have had. Bear with me as this all is related. 

To be balanced and fair to this old life, I have some wonderful titles too.. “Prince Charming visits England” a book about second chances. “A little boy named J” a sunny book about new life. All recent more cheery titles..

Themes and titles seem to mark my life. I tend to label it with my Book Titles. I want to write it out of my system, but never get to it. I trudge on. But what if it all - all these book titles - are just part of the prologue? I recently had the privilege to read a piece from the pen of a new budding author and in his book he sets the scene in this amazingly written prologue. You clearly get the picture of how things are or started and then you turn the page and the real story begins. This applies to our lives too. Life here is a prologue. And then we turn the page and the real story begins. And the title to that is something Out of this World. And that gives me hope. That and the surprisingly blessing titles in between.

Bella



Comments

  1. "101 things not to say to some one who is grieving? " or how about "101 dumb things people say!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment