Even a dim light shines far…

 




Sometimes all you need to keep going is a small sign of hope. Even just a flicker can change a course. 

This morning it was very dim fairy lights for me. But i had to get up in the dark to notice…

Let me tell you about these fairy lights. Firstly they are battery operated. They were bought in an attempt to brighten a very dark Christmas a long time ago which unfortunately got a bit darker as each year passed. At one time they were placed around a mirror which made them much more than they were. They traveled with me up to England where they were my brightness in another dark winter. My bedside lamps might have been small but they gave me soft light and warmth and a feeling of ….something. 

They traveled all the way back with a few other bits and bobs - my homey things - and ended up on my new kitchen window sill. A bit of building turbulence had me displaced yet again for another two months and I didn’t get time to take them down to keep them safe. And did they go through a lot! All kinds of disasters and maneuvers involving roof beams and chainsaws and building and plastering all around them.  

And yet, there they hung. 

And here on my first morning back with me way up before the sun even made an appearance, i saw them. Little balls of light. Admittedly, dim lights but nonetheless lights. Just Doing their thing. Being lights. No worries about the battery life. Giving their all. 

And there i stood with all of my own turbulence and turmoil and feeling so unsettled and something stirred in me as i noticed those little fairy lights. 

And it gave me hope. Oh, so much hope. I am going to change their batteries today - buy the best on the market actually. And i am going to trust The God of All Hope to fill me with His Joy and Peace so that my Hope my overflow by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Bella xx


Comments