Strength needed

 


To say things have been tough lately would be putting it mildly. This morning I made a mini list of all the things that have gone haywire. I had to caution myself to not keep listing things, hence the mini list.

I am sharing a few to make my point..my phone fell into water. Yes, the toilet. And it works but not conveniently. I can only see either a black or light green screen and so I have to go to my car, plug it in and then imagine where the keypad is and unlock it. Which to my utter amazement I have managed a few times.

I woke up with a splitting headache after the wind banged so hard on the poor garage doors right under my left ear that i had to go to my living room (3 m away) to try and sleep on the couch. But now to keep this pain in the neck under control i am wearing my newly knitted scarf. Nice and cozy.

I have been thinking a lot about Job again lately. And also this Scripture: 2 Corinthians 4 which fits with my mini list - it looks bad but somehow i am alright….

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed,but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

I want to change my blog to The Cracked Pot. But I thought that might not portray my idea quite as well as it sounded in my head. 

You know, when things go wrong, putting it mildly here again, i tend to plead for God’s help and then i set out to also plan how that would look like. Spoiler alert. It doesn’t work like that. 

😔I am a jar of clay with many holes in by now. More than i would have liked.

😔I am hard pressed

😔Perplexed for sure

😔Persecuted - possibly

😔Struck down - definitely 

BUT

🌸The Light can shine out of my holes now brighter than ever

🌸Not crushed

🌸Not in despair - or trying my hardest not to be (hence this blog)

🌸Definitely not abandoned 

🌸Not destroyed - even though it sure feels like it

And to what end? To show the world that it is God’s power at work here, not my own. To have Jesus’ Life revealed through this mortal. Sobering. 

So I hold on to this today - i am hard pressed but not crushed, perplexed but not in despair, persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed. In essence not dead yet so God still has His reasons for me being down here and not up there with Him. So I hold on, regardless.

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardlywe are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


Bella 🌸🌸



Comments