Broken dreams

 


And so, here i stand with a handful of broken dreams. A fistful of dashed hope. Scattered pieces of heart all over the place. And wondering how did this all happen? But most importantly - How Do i Fix This?

Thing is though that you cannot really glue together shell grit. Or if you do it would look really strange. Which shell do you chose to try and resemble? Nope. Not doable. Fixing is not the answer.

As I looked up from the broken shells in my hand i looked into the smiling face of Solo, the sheepdog. Trusty companion and best walking buddy. We were standing on this whole beach of broken shells. Brokenness all around and he was smiling. Having the time of his life. I looked down at my feet and saw beauty in brokenness. Thanking me with his smile and fun in the water and sand he was teaching me a deep lesson….And as i looked closer i found small gems. Wholeness inside the broken bits. It’s there. It’s there. Hope. Small but definitely there.

Thankfulness is the key. Gratitude. Looking past the broken shells, shards and grit and finding those little ones that survived, thankfully picking them out and let them bring some joy and hope. Discarding the rest.

Gratitude. Oh, so much to still be thankful for. Grateful for. 

1 Thess 5 says it best 

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Gratitude. Oh, so much to still be thankful for. Grateful in all circumstances? Yes, it is quite possible, i can attest to that. Not easy, but i choose to be grateful. I choose a heart that is thankful. 
I might not be able to fix my broken life to what it was, but God can come and pick out the little gems and treasures and grow those. He is able. 

Bella, grateful in the midst








Comments