Healing is messy

 A long time ago we had a water tank up on a high stand. The relentless African sun aged it faster than normal and one morning we woke up to a small waterfall. A seam of the tank was slowly splitting and precious water was leaking out. Long story short, all that precious water had to be drained out, then had to be fixed from the inside and as a last precaution also from the outside. The inside glue was held fast by a makeshift tourniquet from outside. It worked well but every now and again with extreme heat it would bulge a bit - I recently found out plastic has memory too. But it had to be fully emptied for work to begin.

This morning I feel like that tank. My seams have split. Too much relentlessness. I am being emptied out and it’s painful. A tank with a split seam is kind of useless. Without purpose. Everyone can see the bulge and leaking side. It cannot do what it was made to do! I finally understand what a friend recently said - if we don’t allow God to heal us, to go to that dark place and let the Light in, we will start to leak. It’s a cold fact of nature (Babe).

As I sit here emptied out on this 1st day of Spring, may God, the source of all Hope fill me. And you. Fill us with Joy and Peace. Fill us as we trust in Him and His Spirit. So that by the Power of the Spirit we will overflow with Hope. Oh, how I long to be filled again. So I open up my heart and all it’s hurt and let the Light in. Fixing first and then filling! Filled and overflowing with Sweet Living Water.

Bella

Comments